Would anyone want to plan a Halloween/Fall party for the 4K students? We will not wear costumes but we can still play Halloween/Fall games, make a craft and eat/make something for snack. If so, let me know A.S.A.P. Otherwise, I will take care of planning. I will need a few parent helpers the day of our party - Wednesday, October 31st. If you are interested in helping that morning, let me know.
Autumn/Fall was the theme this week. The students were read stories about leaves. Their favorite was Going a Leaf Hunt. Mrs. Ward led the hunt as I read the story.-so FUN! We also listened to and learned the the song 5 Little Pumpkins (youtu.be/cm1qvX1ygOo). We acted it out with each student pretending to be one of the five pumpkins. They did great! Next week, we will continue our current theme.
Highlights of the week...
This week, the students...
- learned letters E, H, T, I
- practiced writing letters
The students also practiced...
- identifying numbers 1-5
- counting to 20
- tracing numbers 1-10
- dress your child accordingly. We go outside every day unless the weather isn't conducive.
- Show & Tell will be on Friday. Your child may bring anything (small).
- limit snacks to 2 small or 1 large. NO JUICE please - it is too messy and sticky for the classroom.