We finished our unit learning about plants. This week, we practiced measuring using flowers. We are excited to give our special mom’s (or grandma’s or dad’s) in our lives the Mother’s Day gifts we made!
The Jelly Belly Factory field trip on Tuesday, May 28th. We will leave school at 8:45 and return at 11:30. All parents who would like to attend are welcome. No preschool students can attend as this is a school related trip. Attached is the permission slip. Please return it no later than May 22nd. If you plan to chaperone, you will need to complete a background check form found on the Washington-Caldwell website. If you can’t find it, let me know and I can get you one. If you already filled one out for this year, you are fine. Any questions, please ask.
Here are some highlights from the week...
This week, the students...
- focused on lower case letters o, s, v
- wrote in our journals
- Practiced reading the words I, see, the, a, it, is
- counting to 100
- counting by 10’s
- writing numbers 1-10
- students should be bringing a snack daily.
- dress your child accordingly. We go outside every day unless the weather isn't conducive.
- Show & Tell will be on Friday. Your child may bring anything (small)
- Check out who was the special student of the week on http://mrsjjacobson.weebly.com/
Enjoy your weekend!